Saturday, October 15, 2011

Giving All

Christ says ‘Give me All. I don’t want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don’t want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down. I don’t want to drill the tooth, or crown it, or stop it, but to have it out. Hand over the natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked – the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours.’ -C.S. Lewis

Not to claim I've arrived in giving my all but things are put into perspective when I know God isn't looking for me per se but to eventually see His Son in me. That there's nothing I can do to become like Christ because I simply can't in my own strength or understanding. Only the supernatural can give birth to the supernatural. However, that doesn't mean I wait until something happens but living each day wanting Christ to live in me and allowing Himself to form within me by obeying and heeding His voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's true that jesus does not want just a part of our lives but the whole thing. Often times I only want to give only a small part of my heart to him. I know that without christ I am nothing.

Anonymous said...

it's true that jesus does not want just a part of our lives but the whole thing. Often times I only want to give only a small part of my heart to him. I know that without christ I am nothing.