Friday, September 28, 2007

The Power of Prayers

"You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said to them. Matthew 20:21-23

When I was listening to "Obedience, then Desert?" message, I prayed that "God please let me give you everything that I have; my life, hope, future and my family! And I want to go to the desert if I have obeyed You. I want to give up every precious thing I've ever had. I want my faith to be growing in You more and quickly."
Then I got this the most devastating phone call from my family that my little sister run away from home with a six months old pregnant.
She was the most precious gift I have ever had. I thought I was so ready for the desert and can walk with God. But i just didn't know what I was asking for and it could have been her to give up. I was just in an unexpressable pain. It wasn't something that I was willing to give up the money, possession, dreams, friends, school, job, and time for God.
The sun wasn't shining upon anymore, the food wasn't tasteful, sound wasn't clear, every color turned to gray and black, the world wasn't meaningful, the school wasn't important, work wasn't that serious and there was just absolute SILENCE and DRYness and PAIN.
I realized that how my every promise to God was empty.

I prayed that if God won't bring her back to home by tonight I was going to give up my faith and everything else no matter what. God has brought her back that night.
Through all of your prayers I was able to think of the light in my darkest days-though two of my sisters are in jail and my mom and family is falling down.

God answers and hears EVERY prayers. I think of Jesus, Job and Elijah and now waiting for the next. I found an Undying Hope within me even if I was dead...For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You." Isaiah 26:3

3 comments:

tobiacus said...

praise God! He really does work in way we can't see. stay strong zaya-ya!

little jane said...

AMENNN!!!! =D
Hallelujah!!

Anonymous said...

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isa 40:31

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Zaya!

You are a blessing!