Sunday, June 27, 2010

SALT & LIGHT

I remember JDSN's sermon about salt and light before this sermon.One thing that stuck into my head is that she explained to us that Jesus didn't say you could be, should be, will be the light of the world. Jesus said you are the light of the world and it was not a option or choice. The sermon I heard on Sunday, God defined what salt and light is and its purpose. God searched my heart and showed me how I approach people to share the gospel with anyone. God's intentions in me are to be pure and purposeful. I have realized how impure and ineffective I have been around my loved ones and my friends. God convicted me of how you start to change my tone, attitude and accent towards my worldly friends to blend in.The fear of rejection and failure is what The Spirit wanted me to tell him with honesty and have a sincere heart. He told me I am not to be influenced by the world but influence others.To give flavor like salt and be the light of this dark generation. I was pondering about how and what can I say to a non believer and show that my life can shine through Christ. It can encourage the people to come to know this God only when I surrender. It really challenged me to think what kind of God people think I worship. I wasn't willing to be that vessel that God is always looking for to use because of my self sufficiency. I knew deep inside that I was not worshiping the real God through my actions, I showed other people opposite of who God really is. When I flash the flashlight to the people's eyes instead of the chair it really got to me. Blind Zeal is what I thought when I was thinking and reflecting my actions and more but I can't seem to know now. As I listened to the sermon God really told me repeatly that it is SOOOO IMPORTANT TO KNOW GOD'S LOVE BEFORE ANYTHING it is such a necessity to understand how much God loves me and to know I am in God to do anything for Him in His Kingdom. Anything with out the love of God will serve the enemy. God desire and love to change and purify me was so... not able to be put into words~!

4 comments:

D said...

Amen :)

Jane said...

i AM SALT >
i AM LIGHT >
Amen!

little jane said...

=) It is always good to know that the LORD works out our salvation!

tobiacus said...

huh? "i AM SALT > i AM LIGHT > Amen!"
is that the equation?
i think you should talk to jdsn. =P