Monday, July 19, 2010

Spiritual Depression

God is truely all knowing and understanding~! I stuggle with depression and I hate being alone. I have been parranoid and in fear of failure and I was so distracted when all God wanted me to do is keep my eyes on Jesus. I realized I also fear depression because of my past. I was in denial and self sufficient. God revealed and convicted to me through the sermon the prophet's attitude how he was self sufficient in fear of his life and some issues that weren't dealt with that I didn't want to. When my troubles and worries are big God will always be small but when my God is big my troubles and worries are tiny. One thing that really stuck to me is that Elijiah knew God and even if he saw the mountain and fire ect what caused him to cover His face was God Himself.The spiritual depression was an oppurtunity to get closer to God for this man. What really drawed me closer was when i reread the passage. God speaks to Elijiah in a soft and tender way with love. He was a gentleman with him because God isn't t tamemaster. He could've said "Go back to where I told you to go! You didn't do wrong" But in His own special way he approach Elijiah asking why is he there and waited patiently until he realized what he done wrong. I won't stay depressed because it is clearly an oppurtunity to know God and be intimate with Him and the struggles that are here and coming to know Him are good kind and I must press on with Jesus the author and perfector of our faith. God will have great delight in us even in our stuggles because we are trying to know Him but ONE THING THAT WAS CLEAR WAS TO NEVER GIVE UP ~!!! to KEEP PRESSING ONWARD because it is worth it and there is greater hope in OUR Savior than anything in the world. Thank you God for your unconditional and unfailing love~!

1 comment:

jane said...

yeah, it's easy to give up. But God will never give up on us. Thank God!